If you’re reading this post then you’re probably already familiar with our newfound ability to make AI cover songs.
Popular YouTube channel There I Ruined It has got everything from The Beach Boys covering Jonny Cash’s “Hurt” to Jonny himself singing Barbie Girl. 🤣 (Sorry Jonny).
Jokes aside, earlier this year an AI-generated Drake song went viral on TikTok- It sounded so real it got millions of views and people thought it was a legitimate studio leak!
So if you’re trying to figure out how to create AI cover songs you’re in the right place! In this article, I’ll show you how to make AI cover songs using Voicify. 🤘
How Do You Make AI Cover Songs? 🤔
To make an AI cover song using Voicify follow these 5 steps!
- 1. Sign Up
- 2. Choose Your Artist’s Voice
- 3. Upload Your Song
- 4. Convert Your Song with AI
- 5. Done
1. Sign Up 📝
This bit is pretty self-explanatory, head over to Voicify's sign-up page and create an account.
You can get credits to generate your first AI cover song now, or later!
2. Choose Your Artist's Voice 🎤
Here comes the fun part. 😉
Once you've created your account, head over to the Voicify models page and choose your artist's voice model.
There are literally thousands of AI voices to choose from (nearly 5000 and counting 😳), everything from Drake, to Juice Wrld, to Joe Biden.
3. Upload Your Song 🎵
Once you've chosen your AI artist, upload the song you want to use.
How do you get a song? Well, I've seen a lot of people using YouTube to MP3 converters to get their tracks.
You can also upload acapella tracks too, either way, the Voicify AI extracts the vocal data.
4. Convert Your Song with AI 🤖
Another simple step.
Choose a name for your AI cover song, and decide if you want to share it with the Voicify community or not.
Depending on what you want to use the track for, you might not want to share it with the community because everyone will be able to use it then!
Click the "Ready to Convert" button and the app gets to work on your AI cover song. 😍
It takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute before your AI song is ready.
5. Done ✅
You can now download your AI cover song and add it to your content as you please! If you really wanted to you could even make an AI music video for your creation too!
How easy was that?
What is Voicify? 🤨
Voicify is an online AI cover song generator that allows users to upload full tracks and replace the original voice with synthetic AI vocals.
Voicify has over 4500 voice models you can select for your AI cover song. You can also build your own AI voice model using the custom models feature which is awesome!
Voicify has extra features available for members including AI acapella extractor, AI reverb remover, and AI silence remover.
With over 1 million members and counting, Voicify is the easiest way to get going making AI cover songs.
What Are the Most Popular AI Voices? 👨🎤
The most popular voices for your AI cover song include the following:
- Drake - The popular Canadian rapper known for hit songs like "God's Plan" and "Hotline Bling" is a popular choice for your AI cover song.
- Juice Wrld - The late emo rapper behind "Lucid Dreams" and other hits has been brought back to life through AI to sing cover versions of songs in his trademark melodic style.
- Joe Biden - The 46th President of the United States' distinctive speaking voice has been adapted to sing everything from pop to hip-hop hits in AI-generated covers.
- Eric Cartman - The foul-mouthed South Park character's whiny voice is a popular choice for creating a comedic AI cover song.
- Rihanna - The "Umbrella" singer's unique tone makes her one of the most popular voices for AI pop and R&B song covers.
- Squidward - Samples of the grumpy Spongebob Squarepants character's nasal voice have been used to perform ironic song covers of upbeat pop songs.
- Taylor Swift - The award-winning singer-songwriter's sweet vocals are often chosen to give a country twang from the AI song cover generator.
- Kanye West - The mercurial rapper's voice has been cloned for many AI song covers to sing pop and rock classics in a hip-hop style through AI song cover generators.
- Peter Griffin - The bumbling Family Guy thick New England accent has been used to create song covers of everything from show tunes to Top 40 hits.
- Spongebob Squarepants - The cheerful cartoon sponge's enthusiastic voice is a popular choice for anyone looking to create an AI song.
- Ariana Grande - The pop diva's soaring vocals and whistle register have inspired AI covers aiming to mimic her R&B and pop style on hits old and new.
- Harry Styles - The former One Direction member's soft, heartthrob voice has been used to give an indie folk twist to pop standards via Voicify's AI cover song generator.
This is a short list of the popular artists and personalities being used to create AI cover songs on Voicify, there are literally hundreds more!
Are AI Cover Songs Legal? 🦹♀️
Always make sure to read the terms and conditions closely before sharing your AI covers. AI cover song generators are new technology still being assessed under copyright laws. Use carefully until more legal clarity emerges.
Here's a few things to watch out for:
- AI song cover generators create synthetic recreations of an artist's voice, not actual recordings. They do not own rights to the original artist's work.
- Sharing full-length AI song covers online could infringe on the copyrights of original artists and songwriters.
- Short snippets of AI covers shared on social media might qualify as fair use, but lengthy copies likely require licensing.
- Users are responsible for the lawful usage of AI song models and clearing rights to share online. Check Voicify's Terms of Service.
Can You Make AI Lyrics? 🖋
Using conversational AI tools like ChatGPT, Claude, and other AI lyric generators you can easily generate lyrics for your AI song covers.
Simply ask the AI to generate lyrics in the style and length you want and boom! It's pretty much that simple, and AI actually makes some decent lyrics for your cover song too!
Can You Make AI Album Art? 🎨
Artificial Intelligence art generators can make high-quality imagery for your album art in seconds.
Check out tools like Midjounrey, Adobe Firefly, and BlueWillow if you want to make some super nice album art for your cover song!
Is There an AI That Can Sing Lyrics? 👩🎤
Tools like Uberduck, Murf, and Typecast allow you to create AI singing voices. Admittedly, they aren't great but they're bound to get better with time!
I haven't tried it myself, but it would be pretty awesome to generate AI singing, and then use an AI cover song generator like Voicify to make a totally original cover song.
What is Deepfake Music? 🔍
Deepfake music is kind of what we've talked about today.
AI tools can be used to reproduce a person's singing voice by training an AI model on audio samples.
As far as I know, no one has put a copyright on their own voice, but I think it's only a matter of time!
There are even a bunch of emerging tools that allow you to generate music videos with AI.
Are There Any AI Bands? 🎸
If you're into heavy metal check out the Frostbite Orckings on YouTube. The music creation is almost all done by an AI that was trained by German metal artists!
Other than that there aren't many good ones yet, but it's absolutely only a matter of time before we see AI music creation in the top 10!
Wrapping Up 👋
Today we learned the 5 steps on how to make AI covers using Voicify.
Voicify has made it super simple to do by simply signing up, choosing an AI voice, uploading a song file, and boom! The results are pretty awesome!
It's still early but I look forward to some of the weird collaborations that come out of AI cover song generators and AI song lyrics.
That's it from me... catch-ya! ✌